Tag Archives: SRSS

Problems Deploying Reports to Business Intelligence Center

Encountered a strange problem the other day. I’m working in a freshly installed and configured SharePoint/Project Server 2010 development environment attempting to deploy a handful of pre-existing SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) using the Business Intelligence Studio (BIS) which I’ve installed on the same server as SRSS is installed. Both were installed from SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition media.

I updated the BIS project properties to reflect the development environment configuration as well as the connection properties to point at the relevant development reporting services database. The project compiles successfully but when I select deploy for the project from within BIS I receive the following prompt for login credentials and it doesn’t seem to matter if I use the farm account  or the admin account it keeps prompting and wont allow deployment. I’ve tried with and without the domain prefix on the account and it makes no difference.

I’ve tried a number of things to try to get past this such as.

  • Verifying that the accounts I’m are using are Site Collection Admin in PWA
  • Verifying that SSRS Integration is fully setup in Central Admin

In the end I have been unable to get past this problem so I’ve manually worked around the issue using the following approach:

  • Load copies of the Shared Data Connection files (.rsds) in the Business Intelligence Center Data Connections library
  • Edit the connection properties using the drop down menu on each file loaded such that it points at the development database if it is different for the development environment
  • Load copies of each of the Reports (.rdl) files into the Reports library in the Business Intelligence Center
  • For each report loaded update the Shared Data Connection to point at the newly updated .rsds files as appropriate.

This enabled me to get the reports working but hasn’t solved my problem with being asked to authenticate when attempting to deploy the reports from within BIS! If I work that one out I’ll post an update 🙂

 

Leave a comment

Filed under Project Server 2010, SharePoint 2010